Touch creates change in the body both physiologically and energetically.
Studies at the Center for Animal Wellness at the University of Missouri have shown that touch creates beneficial changes in neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine, reduces production of stress hormones, and has positive effects on the cardiovascular system.
Professional canine massage can:
- Relieve pain from muscle stiffness, soreness, and spasm
- Improve muscle tone, mobility, and range of motion
- Improve energy level and increase alertness
- Stimulate circulation and improve oxygenation of the blood
- Reduce recovery time from injury and post-operative care
- Strengthen the immune system
- Flush toxins and metabolic waste products from the body
- Improve sports performance
- Serve as a proactive wellness tool
- Reduce anxiety and heal from emotional trauma
- Increase quality of life for geriatric dogs
- Provide soothing comfort, physical, and spiritual connection for terminally ill dogs
At Canine Massage of the Rockies LLC, we offer exceptional in-home canine massage based on extensive training in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and pathology of dogs. We combine this knowledge with breed-specific tendencies, gait analysis, and a detailed health history to individualize massage for every dog we see. But most importantly, we comfort and we connect.
Massage is NEVER a substitute for veterinary care! If you have ANY questions about your dog’s health, contact your vet immediately!